At HMA Consulting, we are a group of professionals who are committed to provide top notch services to our clients ensuring that our clients succeed both operationally and financially with our support. We assist them to better and timely understand their business pulse to make informed decision that makes them stand out in their league.
COMPANY OPERATING NAME: HMA Consulting Inc.
BUSINESS ADDRESS: #203 14439 104 Ave Surrey BC V3R 1M1
We are seeking to hire two (2) Accounting Technicians for our growing team. These team members will be providing professional service to the client to meet their compliance and reporting requirements.
JOB TITLE: Accounting Technician
NO. OF POSITIONS: 2
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems.
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas and deadlines.
- Set up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses.
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements.
- Correspond with clients and various government agencies to address client tax compliance issues.
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement.
- Calculate and prepare payroll for clients.
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers' compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents.
- Assist in preparing tax returns and perform other accounting services.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field
- Completion of two years (first level) of a recognized professional accounting program or
- Courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with several years of experience as a financial or accounting clerk are required.
- 2 to less than 3 years of experience
- Excellent oral and written communication
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Work under pressure
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of committing to fulfilling tight deadlines
- Work independently with minimal or no supervision
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Client focus and dependability
- Must be a team player, flexible, reliable and organized
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Office and Accounting software.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent, Full-time
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
WAGES: $25.00 per hour
OVERTIME: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations.
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer.
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis.
LOCATION OF WORK: #203 14439 104 Ave Surrey BC V3R 1M1
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: As soon as possible.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities and Vulnerable Youth.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your resume with a cover letter by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at #203 14439 104 Ave Surrey BC V3R 1M1 Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.