Food Processing Operator
10 Food Processing Operator (Topping 8-40 hours a week)
- You have a great eye for detail. You check, correct, and sort goods in the topping area to ensure optimal quality and maintain a low level of loss. You will strive for improvements in your own area and others.
- You will be responsible for verifying proper hygiene, completeness and functionality of equipment and tools.
- You will be required to handle processed meat and poultry products as well as dairy products (cheese), frozen vegetables, spices, pre-baked pizza bases, etc.
- You will be responsible for manually unpacking goods from bags, check raw materials for basic quality defects.
- You will follow housekeeping procedures; cleaning of workplace, equipment and tools (with water). You may perform and document pre-operational Health & Safety and HACCP checks.
- You are part of the team that produces highest quality Dr. Oetker products. Food safety and security is of the utmost importance for Dr. Oetker and for you. Consistently follow all Dr. Oetker Health & Safety policies and procedures, setting a positive example while exercising care within your work to prevent injuries to yourself and to your co-workers.
- Candidates will work 16-40 hours a week with opportunity to be hired on full time.
- You have earned or are working towards your High school Diploma or GED equivalent.
- You speak English, read English, and write English.
- You have the ability to work a 3 shift rotation, including coverage of unexpected leaves of absences and vacation.
- If you have experience working in a food manufacturing environment, that would be considered an asset.
- You will be required to read text, use documents, numeracy, writing, and oral communication. Having experience with hand pallet trucks and pedestrian high lift pallet trucks would be beneficial, a certificate or license would be an asset.
- You can work under conditions of hot / cold temperatures, can work according to tight schedules and timelines, and have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Physical essential abilities are handling heavy loads (up to 25 KG), manual dexterity, attention to detail and good hand-eye co-ordination. You have your own transportation as public transportation is not available.
If you would like to join this winning team and help us achieve our goals, please forward your resume to Ana Batista by no later than Sept 7th at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Accommodations will be made for applicant with disabilities”
“Dr. Oetker Canada is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds to apply.”