Painter (NOC 7294)
- Read specifications to determine quantities of materials required.
- Prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding, sandblasting, hydro-blasting, and steam-cleaning; remove old wallpaper and loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls; and sandpaper and apply sealer.
- Mix and thin paint to obtain desired colour and texture.
- Apply paint or other materials, such as stains, lacquer, enamel, oil, varnish, fibreglass, metal coating or fire retardant using brushes, rollers, or spray equipment.
- Measure, cut and apply wallpaper or fabric to walls.
- Assemble and erect scaffolding and swing stages.
- May advise customer on selection of colour schemes and choice of wall coverings.
- May provide cost estimates to clients.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to Detail; Hand-eye co-ordination, physically demanding; Ability to distinguish between colours; Bending, crouching, kneeling.
Work Location: Various locations
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Underground, At height, Confirmed spaces.
Personal Suitability: Reliability, Client Focus, Initiative, Flexibility, Team player.
Additional Skills: Estimate costs and materials.
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Brush Painting
Weight Handling: Upto 9 Kg (20lbs)
Employment groups: This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada.
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
How to apply
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: 13856 77A Avenue, Surrey (BC) V3W 2X1