Home Support Worker
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide hands-on care personal care
- Offer support, companionship, meaningful activities and conversation
- Offer personal, health-related and emotional support
- Help with personal hygiene as needed such as bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming and other related duties
- Plan and prepare nutritious meals that are easy to eat
- Ensure that the client has clean clothes and bedding
- Light housekeeping to maintain a clean home environment
- Follow instructions given by family and physicians
- Perform routine health-related duties assisting in the administration of medications and other duties if health status changes
- Assist with mobility around the house and outside
- Accompanying to and from activities, walks, running errands, physician’s appointments
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- 1 year of experience in a related field
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Basic First aid training
- Must be able to work independently in an unsupervised setting
Work Setting: Private home
Location of work: Near the intersection of West Blvd and West 40th in Kerrisdale, Vancouver.
Terms of Employment: Permanent,Full-Time, Long-Term.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Mondays through Fridays: 11am – 7pm
Flexibility to work overtime, evenings and/or weekends, if required
Wages: $21.00 per hour.
Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer
- 4% vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday
on a bi-weekly basis
Anticipated Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible.
Preference and priority will be given to applicants who are Canadian Citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities, etc.
If interested in this position, please apply by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to C/o Ramesh Nookala, Suite 300, 5118 Joyce St, Vancouver, BC V5R 4H1 Canada with resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.