QC Laboratory Manager
We have a great team of highly educated, experienced, passionate, and committed personnel.
We offer a highly competitive salary, medical insurance plan, and exceptional career development, and “the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the services we provide and the products we produce will improve the quality of human lives”.
We are currently looking for highly motivated, experienced Laboratory Manager to join our team.
QC Laboratory Manager
This position requires that the candidate be proficient and skilled in the art of all aspects of analytical research, development, and Quality Control as they relate to method development, validation and transfer for pharmaceuticals. The candidate must be must have a broad and far-reaching understanding of the chemical literature, including standard and novel methods and techniques such as HPLC; GC; Mass spectrometry; Infrared spectrometry; Dissolution; and the like. The candidate must have direct experience in managing timelines, budgets and performance, including conducting performance reviews, coaching and developing staff.
- Maintain ARA regulatory compliance
- Assist the Laboratory Director in all technical operations
- Assist with business development visiting potential clients
- Maintain relationships with clients serviced by ARA Avanti Rx Analytics
- Manage the lab staff and support the workflow
- Manage maintenance of QC laboratory equipment establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; manage instrument performance certification; arrange equipment replacement, service, and repair
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and Method Validation Protocols. Prepare and maintain Certificates of Analysis and Stability Sample Analysis documentation. Review methods from Analytical Development for implementation in Quality Control. Support chemists working with HPLC, GC, LC-MS, Dissolution and other lab instruments
- Conduct Retest / OOS Investigation activities
- Execute methods for the chemical analysis of drug products and raw materials to establish assay, purity and identity of the materials
- Coordinate Cleaning Validation Program activities
- Ensure laboratory notebooks and reported data are consistent with GMP requirements
- Manage laboratory personnel productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peak periods; making operational or staffing adjustment
- Ensure the laboratory operates in a safe manner
- Maintain QC laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities;
- Maintain QC laboratory supply inventory anticipating supply needs; placing and expediting supply orders; verifying receipt of supplies
- Manage QC laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Resolve problems and consulting with Head of Scientific Operation and other laboratory managers
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical laboratory Quality Control experience
- Significant management experience
- Thoughtful leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required for this position
- Strong knowledge of Canadian, US, and European regulatory guidelines
- Min. Bachelor’s Degree in Science
- Ability to present technical and scientific information
- Communicate daily with team and President in a respectful, clear and direct manner
- Fluent in English
The above positions are only applicable to permanent residence and/or Canadian citizens with a minimum degree in science and five years of direct experience.
To apply, please reference “QC Laboratory Manager” in subject line and submit resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.