We have a great team of highly educated, experienced, passionate, and committed personnel.
We offer a highly competitive salary, medical insurance plan, and exceptional career development, and “the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the services we provide and the products we produce will improve the quality of human lives”.
We are currently looking for highly motivated, experienced Laboratory Supervisor to join our team.
The Supervisor of Laboratory Operations duties shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrate competency on pharmaceutical analysis as per current pharmacopeias (i.e., USP, BP, EP, JP, etc.) in both wet chemistry and instrumentation techniques
- Provide support, direction and coaching to subordinates
- Manage analysts’ project distribution on a daily basis
- Review and approve C of A’s of the completed projects
- Ensure that all chemical tests are conducted according to the appropriate method/protocol and are in compliance with cGMP / GMP regulations
- Initiate OOS/aberrant investigations including writing/approving deviation/investigation reports and ensure corrective/preventive actions are executed
- Supervise qualification and method transfer activities (internal and external) with commercial manufacturing facilities
- Understand the relevant scientific and technical principles required for analytical functions for the analytical instruments and methodology used
- Draws conclusions from data/results and communicate to analysts and management
- Identify instrument/method problems related to analytical methods and troubleshoot with minimal guidance
- Address unexpected outcomes/issues, proposes solutions, and resolve problems
- Follow cGMP principles, company’s standard operating procedures (SOPs), and regulatory requirements
- Review laboratory notebooks, worksheets, databases in routine basis to ensure compliance with GLP and cGMP requirements
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and Method Validation Protocols. Prepare and maintain Certificates of Analysis and Stability sample analysis documentation
- Review methods from Analytical Development for implementation in Quality Control. Support chemists working with HPLC, GC, LC-MS, Dissolution and other lab instruments
- Maintain QC laboratory supply inventory, anticipate supply needs, place supply orders, and verify receipt of supplies
- Manage QC laboratory staff through recruitment and selection, training employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training program and ensure that the staff clearly understands the functions they are assigned to perform
- Participate in long-range planning and budgeting processes. Seeks approval from the President of all budget, manpower, and material requirements
- Evaluate annual performance appraisals
- Any ad-hoc tasks assigned by the ARA senior management
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Requirements:
- Permanent residency and/or Canadian citizenship
- Minimum B.Sc. degree in Chemistry or relevant discipline with equivalent experience, M.Sc. in Chemistry is preferred
- Minimum 5 years Canadian working experience in Pharmaceutical/Nutraceutical and/or QC analytical laboratories in a supervisory role
- Must have sound communication and writing skills
- Detail oriented and strong decision making, problem solving capability is required
- Must demonstrate strong supervisory skills including delegation, time management, work allocation and leadership
The above positions are only applicable to permanent residence and/or Canadian citizens with a minimum degree in science and five years of direct experience.
To apply, please reference “Laboratory Supervisor” in subject line and submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.