Job # : 224855
Posted date: July 10, 2019
Posted until: February 10, 2020
Web Site: https://www.epicroofing.ca/commercial
Employer: Epic Roofing & Exteriors Commercial Ltd.
Location: NE Calgary, AB
Salary: $25.00 to $28.00 / hour (To be negotiated) for 40 to 44 hours / week
Vacancies: 5 Vacancies
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time
Start date: As soon as possible
Benefits: Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Life insurance benefits, Vision care benefits
Employment conditions: Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years
Own Tools/Equipment: Tools, Safety equipment/gear, Steel-toed safety boots
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Repetitive tasks, Hand-eye co-ordination
Work Location Information: Various locations
Work Site Environment: At heights, Noisy, Dusty, Dangerous, Outdoors
Personal Suitability: Dependability, Team player, Reliability
Additional Skills: Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
Area of Specialization: Conventional and inverted built-up system. Modified roofing system. Rigid pre-formed roofing system. Single ply sheet membrane roofing system. Skylights
Weight Handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Work Setting: Residential, Institutional, Commercial
Roofer Specific Skills:
- Install sheet metal flashings.
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools.
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel.
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level.
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions.
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms.
- Install, repair and maintain modified bitumen SBS (Styrene-Butadiene-Styrene), TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin) and EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer) single ply roofing systems.
- Use, measure and cut roofing materials such as asphalt, saturated felts, hot asphalt, gravel, modified plastics, elastomeric, and EPDM.
- When needed, spread hot bitumen on roofing felt, or apply single-ply membrane to seal.
- Torch and self-adhere cold apply systems as well as metal and cap fishing.
- Torch on materials for waterproofing of roofs, basements and balconies.
- Install vapor barrier, insulation on roof deck and base and cap after insulation.
- Inspect roof to identify leaks and determine the best repair procedure.
- Inspect roof before reroofing, tear-off existing roofs when needed or repair roofs following approved repair plan.
- Assist foreman on detail works.
- Use a variety of tools and materials to follow predetermined specifications to complete various roofing jobs.
- Follow safety instructions and procedures and comply with safe work standards
- Attend work related trainings when required.
- Ensure optimal safety at all times by making sure required personal protective equipment such as safety boots, helmet, safety glasses, and visible vest, and roofing equipment and materials are properly used at all times.
- Climb ladders and set up work requirements in a safe manner.
- Work at heights up to 80 feet and on flat and inclined surfaces.
- Carry up to 45 kg (100 lbs) of materials.
- After roofing procedure, perform proper housekeeping by securing all materials and cleaning the area.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Working at heights training, Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and application letter.
By email: email@example.com
2943 19 Street NE
Do not send your application by any other method other than indicated above. Please
submit using one method only and not repeatedly