(National Occupational Classification 2016 - NOC Code 7291)
Braveheart Subcontracting is a small Roofing Company which do repairs, replaces, and installs roofs on residential homes or commercial buildings. We are seeking to hire labourers / roofers for our company which is in process of expansion, we need individuals who are detail-oriented, who like outdoor construction and work under any kind of weather and are willing to learn. We strive to provide customer satisfaction along with the ability to offer competitive prices and help our clients to fulfill their vision for their home or office. Our team has successfully completed projects across Metro Vancouver and we are in the expansion process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using different materials such as asphalt shingles, wood shingles, saturated felts shakes, and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings and residential.
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs
- May estimate materials required and quote costs.
- Cut felt, shingles, or strips of flashing to fit angles formed by walls, vents, or intersecting roof surfaces
- Apply gravel or pebbles over top layers of roof
- Apply reflector roof coating
- Inspect roof problems to determine best procedure.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of secondary school maybe required.
- Minimum 1 year or less with construction experience.
- Ability to work and communicate with others and follow instructions.
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to learn and obey our company safety policy
- Must be able to work independently in an unsupervised setting.
EMPLOYER CONTACT INFORMATION:
- Name: BRAVEHEART SUBCONTRACTING
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Setting: Different locations around Vancouver and Lower Mainland locations, in British Columbia.
Location of work: Vancouver and Lower Mainland area.
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Long-Term.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Mondays through Fridays: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Flexibility to work overtime, evenings and/or weekends, if required.
Wages: $22.00 per hour.
Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer
- 4% vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday
on a bi-weekly basis
Anticipated Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian Citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities, etc.
If interested in this position, please apply by email to us at email@example.com with resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.